We are currently accepting pitches from new writers.
Familiarity with what we publish is a good place to start. (hustlefranklins.com/latestnews) Writing style should be conversational and warm. Humor is great, but authenticity is more important. Above all, we are looking for writers who can generate mature, well-informed discussion on topics related to entertainment in the name of hustle, grind, real life interactions and the culture as a whole. Pieces focused on entertainment (Hiphop, Reggae, Sports(basketball, football, soccer TV, Movies, Actors, Politics, etc.) are also welcomed. We’re looking for articles between 250 and 2000 words.
For this position/s, Freelancing.
That being said, here are a few reasons why you should write for Hustle Franklins LLC:
- If you want a career in freelance writing, this is a good place to build up writing samples.
- Your articles will be seen by thousands of people in over 25 countries.
- One of your articles may be used as a university course reading.
- You will get feedback on your writing and learn valuable professional skills.
- You get an awesome author’s bio with an avatar of your choice.
- It’s fun to write about fandom! (This is the best reason.)
- Pitch us your article idea through our contact form below. Tell us a little about yourself and your relationship to black entertainment. Expect to hear back from us in five days to two weeks. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for American-based writers as this blog primarily focuses on American stories, so local knowledge is a huge advantage.
We are also looking for A+ players who know how to do thorough research and write well-written and in-depth content.
Each article can range from 700 words to 2000, depending on the query. Typically, the articles are 1000 words.
For these articles, we also have a set approach on how everything should be laid out, from the introductions, Google snippet paragraph, and the subtopics.